Take the BeanBoozled Challenge Anywhere with New Free Mobile App
Connect with Friends Remotely with Real-Time Video Feed
FAIRFIELD, CALIF., May 19, 2017 — The new free mobile app from Jelly Belly Candy Company that lets consumers take the BeanBoozled® Challenge anytime, anywhere debuts an update with real-time video capability. The game of lookalike pairs of jelly beans continues to soar in popularity among a wide range of consumers. The BeanBoozled app features a virtual spinner and a proprietary video program that lets friends play together remotely through a video feed. The BeanBoozled Mobile App is available on the App Store® and Google Play, and is offered in multiple languages, including English, German and Spanish.
The BeanBoozled Mobile App takes gameplay to the next level, allowing users to challenge friends through a real-time video feed. Players can connect to their contacts through the app, and interact using their device’s camera to share reactions and experience the BeanBoozled Challenge together. While using the video feed to connect, players will also see the same virtual spinner wheel, playing just as they would if they were in the same room together. The app’s Share Mode lets users save photos and GIFs from this feed, share directly on social media channels and add BeanBoozled-themed frames to photos.
The BeanBoozled Challenge gained an ever-growing following online as consumers continue to share their experiences taste testing lookalike jelly beans on social media and video sharing sites such as YouTube. The game consists of ten pairs of identical Jelly Belly® jelly beans with very different flavors. One possibility is delicious while the other is frightening. Will it be Coconut or Spoiled Milk? Strawberry Banana Smoothie or Dead Fish? There’s only one way to find out.
The virtual spinner in the BeanBoozled Mobile App is a replica of the one from the popular BeanBoozled Spinner Gift Box packaging, with the app now selecting the color jelly bean the player has to try. In addition to the video feed capability and spinner, the free app also has a flavor menu to identify flavor possibilities in the current 4th Edition mix of the BeanBoozled line, a store locator and a feature to shop online.
# # #
- Virtual spinner randomly lands on a jelly bean color, directing the player to his or her fate.
- Play with friends in real time by conferencing with them through the app using the device’s camera, sharing the same spinner wheel.
- Share photos and GIFs on social media.
- Photos and GIFs will be added to camera roll at the end of each game.
- Add BeanBoozled-themed frames to photos.
- Flavor menu helps identify the possible flavors from the 4th Edition of BeanBoozled.
- Store Locator searches for available retailers by zip code.
- Buy Online feature lets the user reorder directly from jellybelly.com.
- Free to download.
- Sound effects included.
Where to find the app:
- Link on App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beanboozled/id1174483761?mt=8
- Link on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jellybelly.beanboozled&hl=en
4th Edition BeanBoozled flavor menu:
- Barf or Peach
- Booger or Juicy Pear
- Canned Dog Food or Chocolate Pudding
- Dead Fish or Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Lawn Clippings or Lime
- Moldy Cheese or Caramel Corn
- Rotten Egg or Buttered Popcorn
- Spoiled Milk or Coconut
- Stinky Socks or Tutti-Fruitti
- Toothpaste or Berry Blue
Jelly Belly dares the bravest candy lovers, pop culture enthusiasts and foodies to try their luck with lookalike pairs of jelly bean flavors. Each color is either a delicious flavor or a wild one. Is it tasty Berry Blue, or Toothpaste flavor? Is that Tutti-Fruitti, or Stinky Socks? There’s only one way to find out! With more and more fan videos uploaded online every day, the BeanBoozled® Challenge is a cultural phenomenon. BeanBoozled jelly beans are certified OU Kosher and are free of gelatin, gluten, fat and dairy. Follow the brand on Instagram.
About Jelly Belly Candy Company:
Jelly Belly Candy Company was founded in 1898, and began making Jelly Belly® jelly beans in 1976. Today, Jelly Belly products are sold all over the world and the company remains family owned and operated by the fourth, fifth and sixth generations of the candy-making family. For more information about Jelly Belly and its confections, visit www.jellybelly.com, or consumers can call 800-522-3267 and retailers can call (800) 323-9380. Connect with the company online on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn.