Flavor Meets Feeling: Jelly Belly Mixed Emotions is a Rollercoaster of Emotions
FAIRFIELD, CALIF., Jan. 22, 2017 — Whether you’re having a happy day or a grumpy one, there’s a Jelly Belly® jelly bean for everyone in the new Mixed Emotions Collection. Favorite flavors of Jelly Belly beans are paired with an emotion, and finished with the imprint of a corresponding face to show off those feelings. Five flavors in all will be available this spring, giving candy lovers everywhere a new way to express themselves.
“We’ve toyed with connecting feelings and flavors in various ways in the past,” explained Rob Swaigen, vice president of global marketing for Jelly Belly. “Emojis are a big part of how we communicate with each other through text, social media and in email, and their popularity gave new life to this idea.”
Traditionally, Jelly Belly jelly beans are stamped with the Jelly Belly name in white food coloring. In the Mixed Emotions Collection, instead of the logo, the Jelly Belly beans are stamped with a matching face to represent one of five feelings:
- Happy tastes like refreshing Lemon on a sunny day.
- Playful teases the taste buds with Sour Apple.
- Grumpy sears like Sizzling Cinnamon.
- Sad envelops you in Berry Blue.
- Love warms the soul with Orange Crush®.
In keeping with the Jelly Belly tradition of thoughtful flavor experiences, enjoy each flavor individually, or combine to create your own delicious mix of emotions.
The Mixed Emotions Collection launches with a variety of packages, including snackable and shareable bags and a gift box.
- Lemon = Happy (yellow)
- Sour Apple = Playful (light green)
- Orange Crush = Love (orange)
- Berry Blue = Sad (blue)
- Sizzling Cinnamon = Grumpy (red with orange speckles)
- 1-oz. bag sized for snacking
- 1.2-oz. Flip Top Box also sized for snacking with a closing lid
- 2.8-oz. Grab & Go® bag well suited for sharing
- 8.75-oz. resealable pouch bags for larger crowds or snacking
- 4.25-oz. 5-Flavor Gift Box featuring flavors/emotions displayed in individual compartments in a special presentation
About Jelly Belly Candy Company:
Jelly Belly Candy Company was founded in 1898, and began making Jelly Belly® jelly beans in 1976. Today, Jelly Belly products are sold all over the world and the company remains family owned and operated by the fourth, fifth and sixth generations of the candy-making family. For more information about Jelly Belly and its confections, visit www.jellybelly.com, or consumers can call 800-522-3267 and retailers can call (800) 323-9380. Connect with the company online on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn.
# # #